When editing Activities Health and Safety Issues
As an event organizer, and participants have an obligation to care for both your staff. The greater your activity, health and safety is so important, but it should still be considered even for small events.
This is to prevent damage to your event and the people involved means that reasonable steps are taken to make forward planning for emergencies that may arise. Risk assessment may seem daunting to make a shot, but the big, need not be a bureaucratic process – but ultimately about being conscientious and apply common sense.
Follow this guide to identify potential hazards in your event and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and others.
Assess the suitability of your space
All activities and the estimated size of the mass and start with a written profile of your event will be held, including demographic information (eg. children, the elderly or disabled people will have different needs). With this in mind, your visit to assess the appropriateness of event.
Factors you should consider:
- Is that your Kapasite- participants can be accommodated in the space safely? Are they going to sit down or they’re standing up? Is there any place to walk around? Is there a pinch-point can be experienced overcrowding mania?
- Reach- space for pedestrian and vehicle activity / Is there sufficient access to the venue? People with disabilities, is wheelchair or wheelchair can access the venue? Is there enough emergency exits?
- Dangers- site, which can interfere with your electrical power lines or structures, such as whether it contains embedded services present danger? Is it prone to flooding or severe wind? Keep placing temporary structures, soil conditions and topography into consideration.
- How far is the nearest hospital and fire station Tesisler-? how public transport links? Consider the infrastructure you need for your event.
After confirming the eligibility of your space, structures, facilities, fence lines, prepare a site plan that would be where the inputs and outputs. Plan, all contractors working on the event, presentation, suppliers and staff.
The structure of risk assessment
Now, if you think in terms of security risks can be found in your event and you have to rate the risk level. Use a scale of 1-5, while 5 of them presented a risk of a severe risk is negligible 1.
Attention danger should be as follows:
- Is ride tehlikesi- cable or equipment or people could pass the guy ropes? Do you have people who can enter into the glass? Do people may come into contact with generators or other electrical equipment? Do you have equipment that can get wet?
- Crowd management tehlikeleri- crushing / overcrowding Is it occurred? Aggressive / drunken behavior will be how to handle it? Do people may be at risk around roads or parking lots?
- How will you maintain lift and carry away tehlikeleri- crew of injuries that works for you? If lifting equipment investment you need to comply with the regulations PUW and LON.
- Is it because of the activities of your first aid injured people tehlikeleri- event? Which may be injuries? Did you experience heat exhaustion runners in high temperatures? What happens if a participant had a heart attack?
- When the weather gets wet ground tehlikeleri- Is it slippery? Is that the wind may create a risk to the balance of your structure? Equipment can be soaked or min overheat?
- Did it Dangers- activities Environmental activities can damage space or region? Is it a risk to wildlife in the trash? Is it possible for any loss due to pollution?
- How do you control over the fire or smoke tehlikeleri- places? Is that campers can use the barbecue or stove? Is it possible electrical fire? Do you have fire extinguishers?
- Refreshment bar Is tehlikeleri- furnaces or hot water may cause danger? Learn how to handle food allergies? Hot food and beverage containers suitable?
- Is there a risk of child protection tehlikeleri- lost children? Could any claim or abuse or neglect – Is it supposed to be checked dbs’y staff?
Write that all possible risks and risk – participants, the crew members of the public or the venue itself. Then how to reduce and manage each type of risk. So, paperwork does not need certification, first aid on site and to be sufficient to pay attention to basic measures such as the receipt of the accident report book. Prioritization to reduce the risk of an acceptable level and focus on the most serious risks to be taken to your timeline.
The law does not expect you to anticipate unforeseen risks, but it is worth to Collaborate with team to assess risk, because they may notice things that are not clear to you.
Also, suppliers, marquee companies and suppliers must work together with events such as AVI company, you should ask to see their own risk assessment and method statement, so you can reduce the risk together. When appropriate, you should have included local authorities and emergency services. For more guidance on how to create and complete a risk assessment, visit the HSE website.
Create an emergency plan
It is important to plan for any situation that requires urgent action. This fire, which can be anything up to a decadent scene or a terrorist incident. Even bad weather can create an emergency situation.
Develop emergency procedures to be followed by everyone working on the event and plan your opinions with venue management. For larger events and / or are not in a specific location, consult your police, fire and rescue service, including the ambulance service.
Issues to be considered when developing procedures are as follows:
- hoist the alarm with emergency personnel and volunteers how to contact you?
- Is there enough people bilgilendirmek- address system? The show stopping (and resuming) What is the procedure?
- Is there on-site emergency müdahalesi- fire extinguishers? Need to security personnel?
- Who will be your point of contact with kurma- call and contact emergency services and emergency services will be how to help?
- Evacuation of people crowd management-including how you will spend in a safe place from immediate danger? Do not forget to take into account limitations of movement of people and children.
- Traffic management tools -Emergency how to access the site? Emergency vehicles will be divided in how the site?
- First aid sağlanması- Is there adequate medical provisions?
- Elea of the casualties – how patients will be taken to the hospital? Did ambulances will be displaced?
According to the HSE, emergency testing and approval of your plan may be in the form of tabletop exercise. You and your team members must be assigned to work on a number of scenarios and determine the effectiveness of your response.
Health and safety apply
As event organizer, your staff, your suppliers and your participants, until leaving the organization to ensure that you are responsible for managing risk exposure in all different stages.
Provide relevant information to staff during the induction field and also allows them to do the same for employees of suppliers. This field hazards, speed limits and parking, first aid, toilets and washing facilities and should include information such as emergency arrangements. In addition, signs and / or activities you may want to give prior information about the health and safety of the public in the form of the announcement.
Creating a checklist at regular intervals and a person responsible for control / taking individuals to monitor risks throughout your event. Open and competent manner applied paper trail is the best way of reducing the risk of the event organizer.
health and safety in small events in venues, while working with the venue management can be dealt with very quickly. for anything with a higher level of risk, such as festivals, book called Prism Event Risk Management and Safety Services developed by ERMS We encourage you to read more. And remember, if in doubt, we are with you always. !